Our management team at EVCO Plastics is closely monitoring developments related to the Wuhan Coronavirus (also known as COVID-19) and is responding to the ever-changing guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization. The health and safety of our workforce, customers, suppliers, visitors and their respective families is of the upmost importance to us. As such, we’re taking the following precautions to do our part in containing the spread of the illness:
From an operational standpoint, we’ve been able to maintain on-time shipments and have been working with our vendors to ensure raw materials and components arrive to any of our nine worldwide facilities as needed. Our diligent EVCO China team in Dongguan is running at full capacity with 85% of our team on-site. The remaining 15% is successfully working remotely until quarantines are lifted. After a brief mandate to stop outbound cargo, our container shipments have also resumed.
We are continuing to anticipate challenges on the horizon as they relate to the spread of COVID-19 and are taking every precaution to ensure a safe and healthy work environment while also manufacturing product for our customers as usual.