Molded In-Color Plastic Injection Molding
Color is a critical part of many plastic injection molded components, and molded-in color technology enables vibrant, long-lasting, high-quality color and finish without the cost or environmental concerns of painting or plating.
With molded-in color technology, pre-colored plastic resins are used in the plastic injection molding process, so the molded part emerges in the specified color and finish. This process eliminates painting, plating or other finishing steps. The color is fully integrated into the component, eliminating quality issues due such as paint scratching or peeling.Contact Us
- High-quality, long-lasting, brilliant color and finish – increased customer satisfaction
- No paint scratching or peeling issues – coloring is integral to the plastic molded part
- Coloring that withstands harsh environments
- Lower final part cost – eliminates secondary operations
- Less scrap with no secondary painting
- Faster part production – color achieved in one step during molding
- Flame-retardant grades available
- Environmentally friendly manufacturing – eliminates environmental issues of painting, easily recycled, and lowers overall production energy footprint
- FDA and NSF compliant, molded-in coloring available
EVCO Plastics is experienced with molded-in color plastic injection molding technology with a variety of materials, including polycarbonate plastics and polycarbonate plastic blends (PC, PC/ASA, PC/ABS, PC/PET) and thermal plastic olefin (TPO) plastics.
Molded-in color plastic injection molding offers advantages in a wide range of applications, such as:
- Exterior and interior body panels, fenders and housings
- Utility vehicle and recreational vehicle components
- Agricultural equipment
- Lawn and garden equipment
- Plastic housings
Achieve Stronger, Higher-Quality Parts With Molded-In Color
A leading agricultural equipment OEM wanted to employ molded-in color plastic injection molding to reduce cost and increase durability.
EVCO’s attention to detail and diligent efforts helped the greater team find a cost-effective and high-quality solution. Now, the same team is working with the manufacturer to redesign several other parts using the SLX material, creating additional benefits—and better parts.Read Moreabout Achieve Stronger, Higher-Quality Parts With Molded-In Color