A stack mold can be described as a series of interconnected, same-sized, single-face molds, where the molds are “stacked” next to the other. Thus, without increasing the plastic injection molding machine platen size or tonnage, stack molds double the number of cavities producing parts. Three-level and four-level stack molds triple or quadruple production volumes, respectively.Contact Us
Doubled Output. Reduced Part Cost. Multiple Components In One Shot.
Stack molds double (or more for increased stack mold levels) the output of standard plastic injection molds, increasing molding efficiency and reducing the overall part cost. Stack molds can also produce multi-component assemblies or a family of parts in one shot on one plastic injection molding machine.
Most stack molds have an equal number of the same cavities in each side of the mold, or parting surface, but they can also have different cavities in each mold parting surface to produce a family of parts per shot, with each part being a different shape and size.
Ready to Begin Stack Mold Production?Contact Us
- Doubled part production (more for three- and four-level stack molds)
- Optimal molding efficiency
- Reduced production and part cost
- Ability to mold multi-component assemblies or a family of parts in one shot on one plastic injection molding machine
Stack molds benefit many applications, some of which include:
- Thin wall containers, lids, closures and caps
- Medical disposables
- Packaging (food, cosmetics, medical, industrial)
- Consumer products
- Vehicle lens and trim components