Multi-Shot Injection Molding and Two-Shot Injection Molding
EVCO Plastics specializes in multi-shot injection molding as well as two-shot plastic injection molding. We have extensive experience in designing and building high quality molds for multi-shot and two-shot injection molded plastics for a wide range of applications.
Multi-shot plastic injection molding and two-shot plastic injection molding is an efficient and cost-effective method for molding custom plastic parts with two or more plastic resins or colors in one operation.
In multi-shot and two-shot custom plastic injection molding, plastic polymers from two or more injection units are applied through independent nozzles on one plastic injection molding machine to produce custom plastic parts such as soft-grip handle inserts, multi-colored parts, dashboard or instrumentation, or parts with molded seals, flexible hinges, or movable components.
The multi-shot and two-shot plastic injection molding technology enables:
- Multi-color, multi-material and multi-component parts
- New and wider range of designs
- More complex parts and reduced cost
- Production, handling and assembly efficiencies and savings
- Reduction of multiple and secondary operations
- Lower part cost
- Enhanced product features and appeal, including tactile, ergonomic and aesthetics
- Improved part and end use product integrity and quality
- Elimination of secondary process for logos, graphics and text
With multi-shot and two-shot plastic injection molding, you get the integrated functionality, multiple colors and materials, molded graphics and soft touch layers over rigid components you want, while reducing productions steps, time and cost!
See the multi-shot molding process in action:
EVCO Plastics has many years or experience with multi-shot and two-shot plastic injection molding, and designing and building high quality multi-shot and two-shot molds, for a wide range of applications, including:
- Soft touch handle grips and components
- Power tool handles
- Electric toothbrush handles
- Multi-color parts, switches, knobs, enclosures and assemblies
- Movable parts and components
- Parts with flexible hinges
- Vibration, noise dampening and isolation
- Caps and enclosures
- Medical devices
- Dental products
- Two toned plastic lenses
EVCO Plastics multi-shot and two-shot plastic injection molding capabilities include:
- Two-shot material molding
- High quality multi-shot tool design and building
- Automated parts handling and packaging
- Robotics and automated assembly
- High volume production
- Global systems and locations (United States, Mexico, China)
- Tight tolerances
- Material/product traceability
- Class 100,000 (ISO Class 8) clean room molding
- Full range of value-added and secondary finishing operations
From concept to delivery, learn more about how EVCO Plastics provides a competitive advantage for multi-shot and two-shot injection molded plastics, through early supplier involvement in the design and engineering phase, design for manufacturability, effective project management, in-house mold building, material selection support, and via our global systems and global locations in the United States, Mexico and China.
When plastics matter to your business, partner with EVCO.
Where innovation takes form.