Designing Parts, Molds and Processes with Automation in Mind
EVCO Plastics considers robotics and automation in plastic injection molding one of the 5 Keys to Success for engineering out cost and engineering in quality and optimal performance for plastic injection molded parts. With over 120 robots company-wide – including 3-Axis, 6-Axis, Scara and high-speed side entry robots – EVCO Plastics is committed to increasing the speed and reliability of our plastic injection molding operations.
As such, use of robotics and automation are a critical component of the part and mold design, plastic injection molding process and integrated operations – upstream and downstream of the molding process.
Whether simple or complex applications, effective integration of robotics and automation in plastic injection molding provides numerous advantages for our customers, including:
- Enhanced and consistent part quality
- Reduced molding, labor and part costs
- Less part-to-part variations and waste
- Increased machine utilization and consistent cycle times for producing injection molded parts more quickly and efficiently
Plastic injection molding automation and robotics are often the simple solution to a complex problem – and if properly designed and implemented, provide a cost-effective and reliable solution. One recent example: automated loading of 39 threaded brass inserts into a large appliance door molding operation, eliminating operator errors, speeding up the plastic injection molding process and reducing the overall production cost.
EVCO Plastics complete and experienced in-house automation department uses the latest automation technologies, with capabilities including:
- Custom end of arm tooling
- Part loading and insert loading automation
- Part picking and handling automation
- In-mold decorating and labeling automation
- Overmolding (press-to-press transfer) automation
- Clean room automation
- Vision inspection systems and other quality inspection and verification automation
- Automated sorting, stacking, assembly, packaging and other downstream operations
- Custom fixtures and automation components
- Simple robotics to complete automation cells
- Automation of on-line and off-line operations
Our automation engineers have expertise with a wide range of robotics, including 3-axis robots, 6-axis robots and selective compliant articulated (SCARA) robots – on a wide range of injection molding machines from 110 to 3,500 tons.
When plastics matter to your business, partner with EVCO.
Where innovation takes form.