Thin Wall Packaging
The demand for plastic packaging and plastic parts that are lighter weight and engineered for increased strength while using less plastic material has made thin wall molding a sought-after capability. We have over 20 years of experience partnering with OEMs to develop sustainable thin wall plastic molding and packaging solutions that weigh less, use less material and have a lower overall part cost.
We have full thin wall molding and thin wall packaging capabilities and expertise at our various locations in the United States, Mexico and China.Contact Us
Some of the advantages of thin wall plastic packaging and thin wall plastic injection molded parts include:
- Plastic packaging and plastic components that weigh less
- Use of less plastic material – save on material costs
- Lower overall part cost
- Expanded packaging design options
- Faster production speed, increased productivity, lower production cost
Thin wall plastic injection molding is used in a wide range of applications including:
- Plastic packaging
- Food packaging
- Plastic housings
- Medical devices
- Medical disposables and medical device packaging
- Consumer products and consumer product plastic packaging
- Plastic containers and lids
- Electronic housings and protection
- Cell phone and handheld device components
Typically, “thin wall” is considered plastic parts or packaging with a wall thickness less than 0.8 mm (0.031 in.). The process requirements for thin wall plastic injection molding and the thinner wall sections are different than those for standard plastic injection molding. There needs to be higher pressures and molding speeds, faster cooling times, and modifications to part ejection and gating arrangements.
We can mold uniform walls as thin as 0.040 inches that can withstand even the most extreme conditions and applications, such as housings that protect circuitry from the environment and user.
Additionally, we can run stack molds for thin wall molding. This consists of multiple parting lines, doubling the production output of the plastic injection molding machine.